The best thing you can do for yourselves is to spend an hour between today and tomorrow with a pen and a piece of paper or its equivalent to reflect on your life. The best place to go is your library or wherever you can find quietness.
Lay the foundation for your 2013. Your best investment for 2013 would be an hour invested in yourselves and your family. The best way to go about is, to have an attitude, whether you achieve or not, but you are going to have a blue print as a guidance, rather than a stick to beat yourselves up.
When you draw the outlines tonight, at least you know where you are going, because you wrote it down instead of “I know it-I know it- bullshit” – let’s bring some discipline in our lives.
Yasmeen and I will be doing this tonight and asking our family and friends, and the people we know to make that effort, we are asking you to do the same tonight or tomorrow.
Write 7 headlines and start filling bullets in to each item
1) Health: broad and narrow goals with possible contingencies
2) Family: Time for each other, family and friends – an approximation of time you will spend per day, week or year. You will find pleasant surprises.
3) Income: all the work, education, business, professional activities that add to your income
4) Volunteer: It would enrich your life, if you can give at least 1 hour a week, three hours a week would be ideal. You can double your joy if you serve others, that is volunteer at a school, hospital, city hall, shelter, goodwill, salvation army, soup kitchens, church, temple, synagogue or Mosque, and make sure you don’t belong to the group or faith you are serving. There should be nothing in return to be true service.
5) Spirituality – Time for reflection about life, God, religious and humanitarian services.
6) Self-improvement – Reading books, taking courses to make yourselves an all round person.
7) Questions – No matter what you are reading or hearing, including religious, business or political talk, unless you question and see another point of view, your life would be incomplete if you do not see another point of view.
----- ---- ----- ----
The next step is to review last year’s high and low points within each one of the headings, and if you don't like to see the low points again, write down, and if you want a few changes for 2013, make notes and then ponder how you can get there. There is nothing more peaceful than knowing yourselves, make the commitment and just do it.
Thanks for the friendship, and thanks for sharing your thoughts, ideas, likes, comments in 2012. For some of us, thank God 2012 is over and for some, it was a great year.
I hope you find the following message meaningful. If you have the space, please feel free to share on your facebook, twitter, like and comment.- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-ghouse/charting-a-successful-life-in-2013-with-a-firm-commitment_b_2372394.html?utm_hp_ref=email_share
Wish you and your loved ones, the very best of 2013.
Please review the work we do at– www.americaTogetherfoundation.com and www.FoundationforPluralism.com and if you like what we are doing, please consider contributing $50, $100, $1000, $5000 or whatever your budget allows, we all can aspire to build a great society. Please Donate: www.AmericatogetherFoundation.com/donate
We are committed to build a cohesive America, where no one has to live in apprehension, discomfort or fear of the other.
---- --- --- --- ---- ----
Here is a summary of 2012
· 48 articles have been published in Dallas Morning News
· 22 in Huffington post
· 375 articles published in around the world,
· 13 appearances on Sean Hannity show
· 11appearance on Local TV
· 16 on National Radio Networks
· Spoke in 16 Churches and Colleges
· 8th Annual Unity Day USA
· 7th Annual Reflections on Holocaust and Genocides
· Spoke about Pluralism and Islam at 20 places of worship
· A film is in the making and the book will be out.
· State visitors from 20 nations to learn about Pluralism
--- --- --- --- ---
LINKS TO SITES
Thanks to Sean Hannity and other TV and Radio hosts, including Huffington Post and Dallas Morning News for announcing and publishing our websites, it has generated a lot of traffic to our websites.
Every year, we get to host two to three groups of people visiting from the North African, Middle East, Central Asia, China and other parts of the world. I was blessed to coach Interfaith and pluralism to government ministers from over 20 nations in the last five years. The State Department has put us on the list of organizations to visit in Dallas. It’s all voluntary.
Mike Ghouse is a speaker, thinker and a writer on pluralism, politics, peace,Islam, Israel, India, interfaith, and cohesion at work and social settings. He is committed to building a Cohesive America and offers pluralistic solutions on issues of the day at www.TheGhousediary.com. Mike has a strong presence on national and local TV, Radio and Print Media. He is a frequent guest on Sean Hannity show on Fox TV, and a commentator on national radio networks, he contributes weekly to the Texas Faith Column at Dallas Morning News, fortnightly at Huffington post, and several other periodicals across the world. His personal site www.MikeGhouse.net indexes everything you want to know about him